Escape Route


"And then her heart changed, or at least she understood it; and the winter passed, 

and the sun shone upon her." -Tolkien




There is something so instinctive for me about the desire to climb mountains when I feel the need to escape the reality of daily life or something has deeply hurt me. Deep hurt can often put us in a "winter" season. 

It is difficult to run away to the mountains in the middle of the work week in winter, however. 😂

Sometimes in our plans to run away from hurt or the monotony of day to day life, we find a buddy for the road. We don't always know how long this fellow traveler will be with us, but having them to navigate the road ahead can ease the way. They can ground us to what is actually true about ourselves, and the beauty of life in the small things. 

I'm thankful that since moving here I have made incredible friends, and for a new friend who came along my path through a deeply painful experience. And while I continue to have that little itch to get away, I'm fortunate to have people to not only plan escape routes with, but to find comfort in the stillness of this present moment.

xx





Comments

Popular Posts